simulation results depends on clock ratio ?

Moderator: Moderators

simulation results depends on clock ratio ?

Postby baudouin.martin@gmail.com » Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 am

Hi all,

when I use the MotionAnylis example given with MD, I can see a difference in the results if I change the clock ratio, and I don't understand why... If the clock ratio equals 20 the reult is much "squared" than with 200.
The Clock ratio shoud be here to accelerate or slow the simulation engine, not to change the results since the state machine is triggered every 5 ms. So the clock ratio influence the precision of simulation ? Why ?

Thanks for the response,

Buddy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baudouin.martin@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0
Full name: Buddy

Re: simulation results depends on clock ratio ?

Postby kritsana_u » Thu May 23, 2013 12:48 am

Hi,

Actually, the values in the model is not affected by the clock ration, but the refresh rate off the plot is affected. You can see the the values in the variable panel is changed faster than showing in the plot in this sample project. The time series chart will update the plot with the refresh rate specified as its tagged value. When it update the plot, it will get the time from the simulation clock and the value of the property defined as a tagged value of value tag definition of the stereotype. That is why you see the smoothness of the plot change when the clock ratio is changed.

Best regards,

Kritsana U.
kritsana_u
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Posts Rating:3

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits