Specifying derivation rules

Discussions about Domain Specific Language customizations

Moderator: Moderators

Specifying derivation rules

Postby dchristensen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:24 pm

I've been trying to extend the SysML Requirement class, which has multiple derived properties that are defined in the stereotype itself. As part of the extension, I want to add more derived properties, but I haven't been able to figure out how the derivation rules for those properties are defined. The documentation for OCL (https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD185/ ... t+Language) describes derivation rules, but does not explain how to define them. Is there a way to define the derivation rule in the stereotype itself and not in a customization?

I have attached an example project for the sake of illustration.
dchristensen
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Specifying derivation rules

Postby dchristensen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:27 am

Oops. I forgot to upload the model I referenced in my last post. See attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dchristensen
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby rjhudson@mitre.org » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:50 pm

This answer is most likely too late to be helpful for you, but I still wanted to answer for anybody else that may get stuck with this. The correct way to specify derived properties without using <<customization>> is to set the Default Value field to an opaque expression of type OCL2.0. Took me forever to find this, but it seems to work. Hope this helps.
rjhudson@mitre.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:3

Postby peteralberto94@gmail.com » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:38 am

The derivation you are providing is really good to see. I want to say if you are a canon printer user then if any kind of problem occurs with your printer then for the proper solution you can go through Support for Canon Printer and it's really helpful for you.
peteralberto94@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to DSL