SysML Requirements Copy Relationship Validation

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

SysML Requirements Copy Relationship Validation

Postby jlaub@draper.com » Wed May 23, 2018 9:37 am

Hello,

I am working with the SysML <<copy>> relationship and am wondering if there is a validation suite for checking child requirements' text?

For example, I have a master requirement with 2 nested requirements. When I use <<copy>> to copy the text of the parent requirement it will give me an info validation result saying "If the supplier requirement has sub requirements, copies of the sub requirements are made recursively in the context of the client requirement and Copy dependencies are created between each sub requirement and the associated copy."

This is a great warning that the copied requirement may need nested requirements, but it doesn't seem to actually check if it does or doesn't (see attached images).

Is there a different validation suite or method that MagicDraw can employ that will check and make sure the master's child requirements have also copied over?

Thank you,
Joseph
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlaub@draper.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Re: SysML Requirements Copy Relationship Validation

Postby osvaldas.jankauskas@nomagic.com » Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 am

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the situation you're describing. After creating copy relationship between all nested requirements, the validation error no longer appears.

Could you please tell us which version of MagicDraw you're using?

Waiting for your response,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
osvaldas.jankauskas@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:15

Re: SysML Requirements Copy Relationship Validation

Postby jlaub@draper.com » Fri May 25, 2018 8:39 am

I'm using MagicDraw 18.5 sp3.

I only get the nested warning when I run the SysML Requirements validation suite. The active validation doesn't pick up the warning.

Thank you
jlaub@draper.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Return to SysML