Troubles integrating Matlab w/ Cameo Modeler, Simulator 18.2

Discussions about integrations with other 3th party tools

Moderator: Moderators

Troubles integrating Matlab w/ Cameo Modeler, Simulator 18.2

Postby myron.hecht@aero.org » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Hello

I'm trying to integrate Matlab with Cameo Systems Modeler (CSM) and Cameo Simulator Tool (CST) version 18.2

Symptom: error message stating Invalid MATLAB home directory

User Procedure:

1. Started at the Tools>Integrate menu item, got to the dialog box titled "Integrations" which showed two options MATLAB and Maple and the "Status Not Integrated".
2. Pressed the Integrate/Unitegrate button at the bottom of the dialog box
3. Got a second dialog box requesting the MATLAB installed directory. Made 2 attempts (actually multiple instances of each). One with C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2013a\runtime\win64 and the other with C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2013a\bin

Similar error message both times.

System configuration:

Windows 7, Cameo Systems Modeler 18.2; Cameo Simulation Tool 18.2
myron.hecht@aero.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:-1

Re: Troubles integrating Matlab w/ Cameo Modeler, Simulator 18.2

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:30 am

Dear Customer,

In step 3,
If your found the message "Invalid MATLAB home directory",
select C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2013a for MATLAB installed directory
and Click the OK button for next step.

Best regards

Jirawat L.
No Magic Customer Support
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:5

Postby myron.hecht@aero.org » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:34 am

Dear Jirawat

Thank you for your help.

I followed your instructions. Unfortunately, I got a new error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Cameo Systems Modler18.2\plugins\com.nomagic.magicdraw.simulation.matlab\...\permissionJava.exe.lnk. May sure you type the name correctly, and then try again"

However, I could find that link at
C:\Program Files\Cameo Systems Modeler18.2\plugins\com.nomagic.magicdraw.simulation.matlab\integration\windows

Furthermore, when I looked at the contents of that link, they were incorrect. The link pointed to c:\%windir%|system32\java.exe. That file doesn't exist. However, there is a copy of java.exe (one of many on my machine as I discovered) in c:\Program Files\Cameo Systems Modeler18.2\jre.

What now?
myron.hecht@aero.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Dear Customer

Please follow this step for solving the problem:
1 Change the link (permissionjava.exe.lnk) to point to your java.exe in C:\Program Files\Cameo Systems Modeler18.2\jre directory
2 Integrate MATLAB again.

If it still doesn't work you can integrate the MATLAB manually by following the steps in Cameo Simulation Toolkit UserGuide.pdf
The location of UserGuide is C:\Program Files\Cameo Systems Modeler18.2\manual\Cameo Simulation Toolkit UserGuide.pdf

Best regards

Jirawat L.
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Postby myron.hecht@aero.org » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Hello Jirawat

1. The "one step" integration procedure still does not work. While your fix took me to the next step, when permissionsJava.exe runs, the cmd does not exit. In light of the fact that the Nomagic video promotes the one-click integration as a feature, I believe that this is a bug and perhaps beyond your technical level to address.

2. I can not use the manual procedure because the matlab /regserver command requires that the Administrator account run it. Our company (as well as many others) do not provide such levels of privilege to users. I do have administrator privileges on my account, but not sufficiently high to perform this.

I have been instructed by Edwin Gonzalez, our sales representative in Texas to ask you to open a JIRA ticket and have a more senior person contact me (preferably in the US).

Thank you for your help
myron.hecht@aero.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately, The MATLAB integration need to have MATLAB registered as a COM server on your system by using the /regserver command.
If you don't have the administrative privilege for using the /regserver command, the integration cannot registers MATLAB as a COM server.
It is the important step for integration.

Both integrations, one-click integration and manual integration require this step.
The one-click integration do as same as the manual integration do.
It just helps the user to do manual integration in one step.

We currently don't have other ways for skip this step.
Could you ask your administrator for this problem ?

-----
We reported the problem about invalid link in the one-click integration feature and we will research about the permission to using the external interface of MATLAB.
If we have the new solution for integration, we will contact you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Jirawat L.
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Return to Integrations