Page 1 of 1

method body

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:46 am
by benny
hi

the magic draw team adds feature to feature from release to release. most of
them i will never use. but one feature that i am missing seems to be of no
interest for others - or not?

i like to work with magicdraw, and i would be happy to do my work from
design to write method body. why does magicdraw not have a language editor
to do that?

best regards
benny



Re: method body

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:59 am
by Andrius Strazdauskas
Benny,

why don't you use our integrations with Java IDEs? Or are you talking not
about Java?
If you could give us some information on how you are using our tool in your
daily work and what other improvements will make your life easier.

Regarding your request - MagicDraw has a policy not to go into IDE market.
So that is why we are reluctant to add such functionality.

Best regards,
--
Andrius Strazdauskas
Product Research and Development Manager
No Magic Lithuanian Development Center
Savanoriu pr. 363, LT 49425 Kaunas
Phone: +370 37 705889 Fax: +370 37 320670
E-mail: andriuss
WWW: http://www.magicdraw.com
--
MagicDraw - UML Made Simple

> the magic draw team adds feature to feature from release to release. most
of
> them i will never use. but one feature that i am missing seems to be of no
> interest for others - or not?
>
> i like to work with magicdraw, and i would be happy to do my work from
> design to write method body. why does magicdraw not have a language editor
> to do that?


Re: method body

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:15 am
by benny
hi

yes i do most of work with java and i use eclipse with magic draw. this
environment works, but i would prefer to work as follows:
- select a method body.
- right mouse button opens a popup menut with an entry - "body"
- select the menu item
- review, write or modify the code.
- done.

best regards
benny



Re: method body

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:51 am
by Andrius Strazdauskas
Benny,

so why is it not ok to do the editing in Eclipse?

Andrius


Re: method body

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:28 am
by benny
hi

when i could do editing of the body in magicdraw as i described: right klick
the method name, select message body and doing the work give me the
follwoing advantages.

1. no search and location of the method body.
2. i need only additional tools for debugging and profiling, say to finish
the production.
3. working on my laptop would be very quicker - it has only one screen :)

best regards
benny



"Andrius Strazdauskas" <andriuss> wrote in message
news:14959086.1133437767094.JavaMail.SYSTEM@peleda...
> Benny,
>
> so why is it not ok to do the editing in Eclipse?
>
> Andrius
>



Re: method body

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:07 am
by Andrius Strazdauskas
Benny,

1. Right click on a operation in browser tree will allow to navigate
directly to this operation in Eclipse.
2. Allowing to edit a method body in MagicDraw will need to integrate IDE
features like autocompletion, highlighting, etc. And definitely do not wish
to go to IDE market.

Best regards,
--
Andrius Strazdauskas
Product Research and Development Manager
No Magic Lithuanian Development Center
Savanoriu pr. 363, LT 49425 Kaunas
Phone: +370 37 705889 Fax: +370 37 320670
E-mail: andriuss
WWW: http://www.magicdraw.com
--
MagicDraw - UML Made Simple

> when i could do editing of the body in magicdraw as i described: right
klick
> the method name, select message body and doing the work give me the
> follwoing advantages.
>
> 1. no search and location of the method body.
> 2. i need only additional tools for debugging and profiling, say to finish
> the production.
> 3. working on my laptop would be very quicker - it has only one screen :)


Re: method body

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:49 am
by benny
hi

yes this works fine on my workstation with dual-core, dual-monitor and up to
2G ram. but not on my laptop. coulld you at least provide some information
how to interface a small fast editor with magicdraw, so that i can open the
source in that editor?

best regards
benny




Re: method body

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:46 am
by Andrius Strazdauskas
Benny,

there is "Edit source" context-menu item for objects under code engineering
set. It will open up an editor for you.

Best regards,
--
Andrius Strazdauskas
Product Research and Development Manager
No Magic Lithuanian Development Center
Savanoriu pr. 363, LT 49425 Kaunas
Phone: +370 37 705889 Fax: +370 37 320670
E-mail: andriuss
WWW: http://www.magicdraw.com
--
MagicDraw - UML Made Simple